468x60

31 August 2009

Recycling Exs

I'm sure everyone knows at least one person that I like to call a "Recycler". These are men or women that call an ex-boyfriend or girlfriend for company or pleasure once they terminate a relationship. I'll say in my experience it's the women that I know that recycle.

I'm wondering what it is that attracts these people to this pattern? If you broke up with someone or they broke up with you it's probably because something wasn't quite going right. Is it because women don't want to add another guy to their "list". Is it because you feel less guilty about having sex with someone that you've already had sex with? Is it because you truly want a second chance? or a third?

There is always going to be more feelings from one side than the other. One person sees it as a an opportunity to make up for the mistakes they made, at least in the short term. The other side sees it as passing time. I believe that recycling actually makes it harder for you to find someone new because you are concentrating time and efforts on that person. Chances are the sex or the company was better in your mind than in reality.

I'd say a majority of the time recycling an ex doesn't work so why do people do it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i've been away from the blog world for a while, but i must say...i'm definitely glad i came across this entry because it makes me realize how much of an idiot i am sometimes. haha.
no seriously, thanks.

 
ss_blog_claim=8affd83e63a24a235f0d6656ef285f20 ss_blog_claim=8affd83e63a24a235f0d6656ef285f20