468x60

17 August 2009

"The 3-day Rule"

Most every guy knows about "The 3-day Rule".I was surprised to find after chatting with a few of my girlfriends that many women do not. The reason I am writing this blog is because I find the dynamics of a male/female relationship incredibly interesting. I had recently been searching the web for something completely unrelated and came across another blogger talking about the subject. So, I'd love to know what my girl friends think of this.

The 3-day Rule is simple. When you go out with a woman that you really like you wait 3-days to call. I must admit that I have no idea if this rule has transferred into waiting three days to text. The reason behind this waiting period is so that the woman you are dating does not think you are overly interested in her. As if though 3 days later you magically popped into our brains. Yeah right! The truth is most guys are dying to get to that third day to call you. And usually we have internal struggles as to the time we should call. "Should I call in the afternoon or at night?"

Most guys, even the most confident, have some fear of being rejected and it has been ingrained in us since an early age that women usually want the opposite of what we want. Example, if we are really interested in you and we let you know then you tend to be less interested. If we show that we might not be interested then you start thinking "what the hell does this guy think? I'm the one that will be doing the rejecting here". My girlfriends want to have their girl's night out until the boys want to start having guy's night out, whatever the case may be we never know what you want so we have established our own crazy guidelines. Hence, the 3-day rule. Showing you "the opposite" of what we really are. Now, if we could only get women to believe we really don't like sex!

I haven't believed in the 3-day rule in a long time. Sometimes to my advantage and sometimes to my disadvantage. That being said, I am of the opinion that if you have to be evasive at the beginning of a relationship then those patterns will persist throughout it. I do not feel I have the definitive answer as to whether or not the 3-day rule works. I'm sure women will say it's stupid and men will say it's necessary. What I do know is that it exists and that at some point most people have had experience with it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think it's a pretty stupid idea...it kinda goes back to one of your first entries where you talked about just doing what you feel and what you want. who cares what others think? i mean...at the end of the day, it's you that calls or doesn't call, it's you that feels the way you do, and it's you that either gets the girl or doesn't.
i don't understand the logic...but i don't think it should have to be a set rule. just go with the flow...

Frecci said...

Yes you're absoultely right. It is dumb but sadly a reality of dating. And the worst part is this: Half the women who have written to me about this agree that they would prefer a guy not to call them right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=8affd83e63a24a235f0d6656ef285f20 ss_blog_claim=8affd83e63a24a235f0d6656ef285f20